GET READY TO LIE DOWN AND LAUGH AS TWO OF AUSTRALIA’S FUNNIEST CHECK IN TO TRAVELODGE
Joel Creasey & Rhys Nicholson announced for Travelodge lie down comedy series
TFE Hotels is having a bit of a laugh with its guests. As part of the second phase of Travelodge Hotels’ “Refreshingly Simple” brand refresh across its Australian and New Zealand hotels, the team has produced a series of hilarious videos written by the up-and-coming stars of the comedy world.
Perth’s Joel Creasey and Newcastle boy Rhys Nicholson have released five videos on TFE Hotels’ YouTube channel, designed to bring to life the Travelodge Hotels brand, which has recently undergone the biggest refresh in its 40-year history.
With a down to earth attitude and an honest sense of humour, these are hotels redesigned for the way we live today.
Each of Australia and New Zealand’s 17 Travelodge Hotels is now based on a Refreshingly Simple approach, giving travellers more of what they want and less of the things that seem a bit pointless.
Creasey takes viewers around Travelodge Sydney, sharing tips, advice and awkward travel moments. He recently returned from the jungles of Africa, where he hosted I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here with Shane Warne and Brendan Fevola, and the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
His best comedy buddy Rhys Nicholson takes viewers on a tour of his home-town Newcastle, from the comforts of Travelodge Hotel Newcastle.
Joel said: “Everyone has experienced that intense moment of panic when you’ve just jumped out of the shower and you hear a knock at the door and, “HOUSEKEEPING”. We’re going to take a little journey into the world of travel the funnier moments of hotel stays so hopefully, we’ll have a few laughs along the way. Stay tuned!”
The videos are hosted on the TFE website and are being promoted via online media channels.
Have a laugh at the first of the videos here and watch this space for more rollicking laughs to come.
About TFE Hotels:
A joint venture between Toga Group and Far East Hospitality Holdings, TFE Hotels (Toga Far East Hotels) is a leading hotel operator across Australia, NZ and Europe with strong Asian connections.
Combining the strength of two international hospitality businesses, to operate 70 strategically located hotels across Australia, New Zealand and Europe. TFE Hotels’ brands include: Adina Apartment Hotels, Medina Serviced Apartments, Rendezvous Hotels, Vibe Hotels, Travelodge Hotels and TFE Hotels Collection.
These brands represent 10,000 apartments and hotel rooms which vary in price, location and design to meet a range of different accommodation needs. For more information, visit: TFEhotels.com
- Adina Apartment Hotels in 29 locations (Australia, New Zealand and Europe). Other locations coming soon include Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt (2016), Adina Apartment Hotel Nuremburg (2016), Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane, George Street (2017), Adina Apartment Hotel Hamburg Heights (2017), Adina Apartment Hotel Leipzig (2017), Adina Apartment Hotel Royal Randwick Racecourse (2018), Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, George Street (2018) and Adina Apartment Hotel Munich (2019)
- Medina Serviced Apartments in 5 locations (Australia).
- Vibe Hotels in 8 locations (Australia). Other locations coming soon include Hotel North Sydney, Northpoint (2017) and Vibe Hotel Hobart (2018)
- Travelodge Hotels in 17 locations (Australia and New Zealand). Other locations coming soon include Travelodge Sydney Airport (2017).
- Rendezvous Hotels in 10 locations (Australia, Singapore and New Zealand).
- TFE Hotels Collection including Hotel Kurrajong Canberra (Australia)