Main International Airport:
Croatian. Also spoken: English, Italian, German, Hungarian, Czech and Slovak
Kuna and Lipas (code: KN). This is fixed and tied to the Euro
Key Tourist Attractions:
1. Visit Dubrovnik - great restaurants and very popular with tourists
2. Hvar Town - if you love yachts then this is the place to be and be seen!
3. Diocletians Palace - one of the most impressive Roman ruins in existence
4. Cruising the Dalmatian Coast - sit back, relax and enjoy everything that the coastline of Croatia has to offer
5. Plitvice Lakes National Park - looking for some adventure or nature, then this is the place to go! It is a World Heritage site and home to native bears and wolves
6. Zadar - welcome to traditional market life with marble-clad roman streets complete with ruins. A coastal gem not yet discovered by the masses
Average northern hemisphere summer temperatures (April to September) range from 20-30 degrees. Winters can get as low as 5 degrees and under
Best Time to Visit:
April to September is the best time. Whilst April may be too cool for swimming on the coast, it is a great time to get good bargains. July and August are considered peak season. September is the ideal month as the sea remains warm and the crowds have thinned
Average Cost of a Meal:
Great meals from KN35 to KN55 (anything with fish can be more expensive)
Airfares start from $1488* (plus taxes which can range from $500 to $900 depending on airline and transit points). *Prices are correct at time of print and may vary. Please contact Allure Travel for a quote.
For the best deals to Croatia or for inspiration in planning your next leisure escape, contact Allure Travel on 1300 361 425.