DESTINATION: BALI, INDONESIA
Main International Airport:
Balinese and Indonesian. English is widely spoken in main tourist areas
Indonesian Rupiah (RPH). Australian Dollars, US Dollars and Euros are sometimes accepted for larger purchases
Key Tourist Attractions:
1. Pura Tanah Lot - a breathtaking cliff top temple surrounded by famous surf breaks
2. Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary - located in Ubud where monkeys roam freely around the ancient temples
3. Kuta Bay - the main shopping and nightlife area of Bali
4. Lembongan Island - an excellent day trip for pristine reef snorkelling
5. Cycling Adventure - take a bike ride through the rice fields and visit local villages
6. Day Spa - a trip to Bali is never complete without taking advantage of a local massage. Many excellent day spas can be located in Seminyak and within the larger hotels
You can expect pleasant daytime temperatures between 20-33 degrees year round. Monsoon season occurs between December and March bringing heavy showers and high humidity, however days are usually sunny and rains occur mostly at night and pass quickly. From June to September the humidity is lower, evenings can be cool and rain in the coastal areas is rare.
Best Time to Visit:
Always popular with Australians, Bali can be very busy during school holidays. If you are seeking a relaxing beach break, April to September offers the best climate and less tourist numbers
Average Cost of a Meal:
If you choose to dine within Bali's top hotels you can expect to pay the same as at the equivalent category of hotel anywhere else in the world: Breakfasts from US$8 to US$45 per person, lunch and dinner from US$20 to US$100 per person. Prices do not include wine, which can be very expensive. On the other hand, restaurants outside the large tourist hotels are often 40- 50% cheaper, and the open food stalls still offer a tasty meal for a few thousand Rupiah
Airfare specials with Air Pacific start at $700* per adult - subject to availability and conditions apply. *Prices are correct at time of print and may vary. Please contact Allure Travel for a quote.
For the best deals to Bali or for inspiration in planning your next leisure escape, contact Allure Travel on 1300 361 425.